The social media has become such an integral part of human lives and living. As a result, you will see many people spend hours on their phones trying to interact with others online. There’s no doubt that we enjoy this modern-day type of interaction and communication. But did you know that excessive usage of many interactive platforms can be exhausting?
Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms with thousands of posts every second. Considering the high level of traffic and online activities there, it’s reasonable to want to take a break from the platform. At this point, you could choose to either disable or delete your Instagram account.
However, disabling your account is more advantageous than totally deleting the app or your profile. This way, you can always come back in a month or more to access your profile with everything just as you left it. While deleting could lead to a permanent loss of the profile.
Our team will show you what it means to either disable or delete an Instagram account and how to go about the entire process.
How to Temporarily Disable Your Account?
The decision to disable Instagram account will transiently erase your page from the platform and people will be unable to reach you through it. Users can temporarily disable account for any duration they deem fit. This process will render your Instagram URL invalid and others will be unable to search for you. The full features of your page will be restored as soon as you reactivate your account.
It’s possible to disable either a personal or a business Instagram account. This process cannot be accessed from Android or iPhone devices, but only through the Instagram web. The following steps will help you disable an Instagram account:
- Log into your account on a computer or mobile browser by correctly inputting your credentials. Remember that this process cannot be done via the app.
- Next, navigate to the “Edit Profile” section (or you can use this link to get faster) . To do this, click on your profile in the top right corner, then click Profile and afterwards click Edit Profile.
- Scroll to the bottom of your page. Click on the Temporarily disable my account tab in the bottom right corner
- Choose from one of the options about why you are disabling your account and enter your password in the section that will appear after you’ve selected the reason. The option to disable your account will be activated after your successful confirmation. Finally, click Temporarily Disable Account.
After these steps you will see such message:
How to Reactivate Your Instagram Account?
You are allowed to reactivate your disable account at any time you want. All you need for this reactivation is your username and password. If you’ve forgotten your password, it’s possible to reset it.
As soon as you are done inputting all details, your account will be restored to exactly what it was. After reactivating the account, you should change the password to provide some additional security.
How to Delete the Instagram Account?
Before deleting your account, you should think that it is a permanent removal of the profile from the social media platform. No one will be able to find it or contact you through it. Once an account is deleted, it cannot be restored, reactivated or recovered. All of the details (photos, comments and likes) contained in it will be lost.
These steps can be followed to delete your account:
- The first thing you need to know is that an Instagram account cannot be deleted from the app – either iPhone or Android. Log in to Instagram web on your mobile browser or computer by filling in your credentials. Next, you need to navigate to the Delete Your Account page.
- Choose from the options indicated next to “why are you deleting your account?”, then enter your password. Note that your request to delete your Instagram account will only be successful after choosing a reason for your action.
- Click permanently delete your account.
How to Save/Download Data from the IG Account?
As soon as you use the option to permanently delete your Instagram account, all of its details (profile photos, comments) will be permanently lost without any hopes of recovery. Due to this, you may want to download your data before you delete the account.
This action will help you preserve your photos, videos, etc., that have been posted before now. To download a copy of Instagram data:
- Navigate to your Instagram top right and click profile (gear icon “Settings”).
- Click your profile picture, chose the “Privacy & Security” tab and click “Request Download”.
- Input the email address where you would like to receive the download link for your Instagram data, followed by your password.
- Within two days, a link will be sent to your email. This link will contain your Instagram Data. Click “Download Data”.
Boosting Your Instagram Followers after Reactivation
After disabling the account, your absence from the main scene will be noticed. It’s not uncommon to suffer a reduction in engagement for the account. A fast and simple way to grow your followers and increase account engagement will be to use a service.
So, what are the advantages of buying Instagram followers?
- After reactivating your account, buying followers can be a great way to catch up on lost time.
- Easy-to-use and efficient service that grows the account without any hassle.
- Get real and active organic followers within a short period
Now, you know everything about disabling your Instagram account. We are certain that this information will be useful whenever you need to take a break from the social space.